It Can Be Hard To Choose The Right Video Settings And Why Is The Next Question
If you’ve ever found it difficult to make the choice on what the correct settings for the output of your precious video material should be, you’ll know exactly why I’m writing this article. If you are a casual user of video, and most of us start out that way, it could be even harder. So let’s take a look at what’s involved and how we can best decide what to use for our purpose as users of WordPress but also for those using HTML pages on their website.
There is significance in knowing the steps to follow in order to prepare your video for sharing or use on the internet.
The steps go something like this:
- render (export from the software after editing)
- encoding the final render for distributing to other destinations
Steps 3 can sometimes be where people stop when they choose to render out from the software depending on where they want their video to end up. To choose the right video settings (codecs) for each of these steps one must first decide where the video will end up i.e. web page videos, download, podcast, dvd or desktop playback. This is why I say some skip that 4th step by rendering out their video using their editing software and produce a lesser quality production for immediate distribution.
You probably do not have the Flash Player (Get Adobe Flash Player Here) installed for your browser or the video files are misplaced on your server!
So What’s The Challenge When Trying To Choose The Right Video Settings?
High Quality Settings Without Taking Up Much Hard Drive or Server Space
You can choose “High Quality” from your video editor, but here are the specs that will maintain quality if you are uploading to video sites.
- Format extension: MP4
- Codec: H.264
- Video Encoding Bit Rate: 1500 – 3000 kbps
- Use 4000 kbps if you still see graininess in motion video
- 16:9 Widescreen size: 854 X 480
- 4:3 Standard size: 720 X 480 or 640 X 480 (depending on the source and settings you captured at)
- Audio/Voice Only: 96 kbps with 44.1 khz audio
- Audio/Voice/Music: 128 kbps with 48 khz audio
How To Choose The Right Video Settings For WordPress